Open Veins

Friday, July 15, 2011

Apologies and Excuses

Hello, dear reader,

For my second post, I hadn't intended to be writing an apology, but that's how it ended up. I'll try to keep it brief for your sake and mine.

I want to apologize for seemingly abandoning my blog, which I had only just started. You see, I'm in the middle of a Writing Month (JulNoWriMo) and have been spending most of my time buried deeply within my stubborn, amazing, strange work in progress. It's a mystery, and that's uncharted territory for me.

So far, fifteen days in, it's been terrifying and enlightening. I hope to keep going at the present rate, reach fifty thousand words by the end of this month, and have a real chance at a nearly finished, but very rough draft of the first book length work I've ever created.

I do, however, plan to devote a little more time, especially as the month closes, to putting something new on my blog. Hopefully soon, I'll have some short stories to share, and I'll try to keep the blog updated with my WriMo progress. Admittedly, I'm behind in my word count, but I suppose that could serve to keep me motivated to get to 50K. (Also, if anyone reading is also doing JulNo11, I could use a couple of writing buddies.)

Thanks again to anyone following or lurking around my blog. Be sure to check out my Twitter account (@CapriciousPith) for my thoughts on the random, crazy things the world of social media pumps out.

All My Best,
Coda

2 comments:

  1. Hey, a novel will eat up any sort of energy. Certainly blogging energy. It can't be held against you. Maybe you should re-launch at the end of the month, talking about how it went?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering how long it took me to actually get back to my blog from my wrap up of JulNoWriMo, and the spontaneous world-building for AugNoWriMo, I think you might be on to something there. lol

    ReplyDelete